Low Carb Vegan Lemon Squares
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon ground flax
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/2 cup coconut butter (/manna, also called "creamed coconut")
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 2 lemon (about 1/2 cup juice)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- stevia (to taste)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line/grease a brownie pan, or cake round.
- Or, do what I did and just use a 9" silicon baking round.
- Mix together salt, flaxseed and coconut flour in a mixing bowl.
- Stir in the coconut oil until everything is combined, and the mixture looks like wet sand.
- Add in the water and stir until the liquid is absorbed, and a dough forms.
- Press the dough into the bottom of the baking round, and poke a few holes in it with a fork (called docking), to let steam out when it's baking.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, checking it for doneness every minute after 20.Be sure not to let it brown too much! Once out of the oven, let it cool, and transfer it to the fridge or freezer, so it's completely cooled when the filling is done.
- For the filling, combine ingredients in your blender or food processor and let it hum along happily until everything is smooth and combined.
- If it's chilly and the coconut oil and manna are super hard, slowly warm them before blending.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the chilled crust, and chill for an hour until everything sets up.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:12.