Seafood Chowder With Dill
- 1/2 pound bacon (chopped)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 3 stalks celery (chopped)
- 3 cups milk
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup white wine (chopped)
- 1 baking potatoes (chopped)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 pound fresh salmon (chopped)
- 1 pound shrimp (chopped)
- 1 bunch dill (chopped)
- Brown the bacon until crisp in a soup pot or large saucepan.
- Drain off most of the fat, then add the onions and celery.
- SautÃ© until the aromatic vegetables soften.
- Add the milk, cream, wine, grated potato and bay leaves.
- Stir and cook over medium heat until the potato has dissolved and thickened the soup, about 20 minutes.
- Add the fish, season with salt and pepper and continue simmering just long enough to cook the fish through, about five minutes more.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:14.