Bacon Cheeseburger Soup
- 5 slices bacon (chopped up)
- 12 ounces ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 1/2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 dill pickles (chopped up)
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (chopped up)
- 3 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- Cook bacon in the oven for 15-20 minutes at 400 or until crispy.
- Place bacon on paper towel.
- Set aside.Add ground beef to a pan and cook.Once your ground beef is cooked transfer to a soup pot.
- Do not drain.
- Move the meat towards the edges of the pot and add 2 tbsp.
- of butter to the middle.
- Let the butter melt and then add all the spices to the butter and mix them in for about 30 seconds.
- You can then mix the butter mixture into the meat.Add beef broth and tomato paste to the pot.
- Then add diced pickles and and cheddar cheese.Once all that is mixed in you'll add your cream cheese to the pot and turn the temperature to low.
- Stir mixture until melted.Cover and cook 25-30 minutes on low.After 30 minutes add the heavy cream and stir in.
- Remove from heat.You can add crumbled bacon and cheese to the soup while in the pot or add to the top after place soup in individual bowls for a nice presentation.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:45.