The Creamiest Low-Carb Vegetable Soup
- 700 grams cauliflower (1.5 lb)
- 500 grams zucchini (1.5 lb)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 yellow onion (1.5 lb)
- 2 celery ribs (1.5 lb)
- 2 tablespoons ghee (1.5 lb)
- 2 cups chicken broth (1.5 lb)
- 2 cups water (1.5 lb)
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (1.5 lb)
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- sea salt
- 1 cup cream (1.5 lb)
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (1.5 lb)
- Wash the vegetables.
- Remove the green parts of the cauliflower.
- Peel the onion and garlic.
- Heat the ghee over medium to high heat in a large saucepan.
- Chop the onion and garlic finely and sauté until translucent.
- Add chopped cauliflower, zucchini, celery and seasonings.
- Add broth and water and bring to the boil.
- Place a lid on the saucepan and reduce to a simmer.
- Cook until vegetables are soft, for about 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and use an immersion mixer to puree until smooth.
- Add cream and return to heat until heated through.
- Store in refrigerator, in a covered container, for up to 5 days or freeze in single serve portions.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:15.