Easy Keto Shortbread Cookies
- 1/2 cup hazelnut meal (fine ground, /flour)
- 3 tablespoons coconut flour (fine ground, /flour)
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (fine ground, /flour)
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (confectioner's
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder (fine ground, /flour)
- 1/3 cup coconut oil (fine ground, /flour)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 bar dark chocolate (fine ground, /flour)
- In a large bowl whisk together the flours, gelatin, Serve and baking powder until not clumpy anymore and well combinedAdd in the coconut oil and vanilla extract.
- Mix with a spatula until a dough forms.
- If the dough is too wet, add in one more tablespoons coconut flour.
- If it’s too dry, add in one more tablespoon coconut oil and/or a splash of water.Use a small cookie scoop to shape 10-12 small balls.Place them on a silicone or parchment paper lined sheet pan and press down, GENTLY, with your palm until about the cookies are about 1/4 inch thick.
- Sprinkle with salt.Place the sheet pan in the fridge while the oven pre-heats.Pre-heat the oven to 350F.
- When the oven reaches 350F, take the cookies (on the sheet pan) from the fridge and place it in the oven, middle rack.Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are golden.Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool completely before removing from the sheet pan.In a small bowl, microwave the chocolate for 30 seconds.
- Stir until completely melted.
- If it won’t melt all the way, give it another 10 seconds, then keep string until it’s completely smooth and beginning to cool and thicken.Tilt the bowl to one side so the chocolate is deep enough to submerge half a cookie.One by one dip the cookies slowly, and let the excess chocolate drip off.
- Then place the cookie on a wire rack or back on the parchment paper.Repeat with all of the cookies.Then take a spoon and go over the cookies drizzling the remaining chocolate.Place the cookies in the fridge for the chocolate to harden.Then dig in! Store leftovers in tupperware at room temp for 3-4 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:42.