Keto Curried Squash Soup – Whole 30
- 3 cups butternut squash (chopped, or pumpkin)
- 1 clove garlic (chopped, or pumpkin)
- 4 cups filtered water
- 1 tablespoon Madras curry powder
- 1 teaspoon onion flakes (chopped, or pumpkin)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 1/2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- toasted coconut
- Combine the butternut squash, garlic, water, curry powder, onion flakes, salt, and coconut oil in a large saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.Reduce heat to medium and simmer uncovered for 20 minutes or until the squash is tender.Blend with an immersion blender right in the pot, or transfer ingredients to a blender and blend until smooth and return to the pot.Stir in the coconut milk and cook for 2 minutes over medium heat – do not boil.Serve hot, garnished with pistachios and coconut if desired.Store leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze for up to 3 months.
- To reheat, microwave on high for 2 minutes or on the stovetop for about 8 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:11.