Keto Vanilla Custard
- 2 cups cream (Pure, pouring)
- 6 egg yolks (Pure, pouring)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (Pure, pouring)
- 1 vanilla beans (Pure, pouring)
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds out of each side of the bean with the back of your knife Add vanilla bean, seeds, salt and cream to a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until just boiling, then take off the heat Meanwhile whisk together the egg yolks and sweetener in a small bowl until combined Slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the egg yolks, whisking continuously Return the mixture to a clean saucepan. Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon Remove from the heat and strain to remove the vanilla pod and any lumps Recipe Notes Makes approx. 2 1/2 cups Serving size 1/2 a cup. NOTE: THIS IS BASED ON THE INGREDIENTS WE USED, NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION MAY VARY DEPENDING ON THE INGREDIENTS USED. Nutrition Facts Keto Custard - Vanilla Flavour Amount Per Serving Calories 400 Calories from Fat 369 % Daily Value* Total Fat 41g 63% Saturated Fat 23g 115% Cholesterol 364mg 121% Sodium 54mg 2% Potassium 94mg 3% Total Carbohydrates 3g 1% Protein 5g 10% Vitamin A 34.2% Vitamin C 0.7% Calcium 9% Iron 3.3%
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:36.