Keto Vanilla Custard
- 2 cups cream (Pure, pouring)
- 6 egg yolks (Pure, pouring)
- 2 tablespoons sweetener (Pure, pouring)
- 1 vanilla beans (Pure, pouring)
- 1 pinch salt
- Slice the vanilla bean in half and scrape the seeds out of each side of the bean with the back of your knife
- Add vanilla bean, seeds, salt and cream to a small saucepan.
- Heat over medium heat stirring occasionally until just boiling, then take off the heat
- Meanwhile whisk together the egg yolks and sweetener in a small bowl until combined
- Slowly pour the hot cream mixture over the egg yolks, whisking continuously
- Return the mixture to a clean saucepan.
- Cook over medium-low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture thickens and coats the back of a spoon
- Remove from the heat and strain to remove the vanilla pod and any lumps
- Recipe Notes Makes approx.
- 2 1/2 cups
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:48:36.