No Bake Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (Honeyville)
- 5 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 5 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener
- 3 1/2 tablespoons butter (Honeyville)
- 8 strawberries (smallish
- 3 cups chopped strawberries
- 1/4 cup water (Honeyville)
- 2 tablespoons gelatin (Honeyville)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 16 ounces cream cheese (Honeyville)
- 3/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon stevia extract (Honeyville)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (powdered)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crust In a 9-inch springform pan, stir together almond flour, cocoa powder and sweetener.
- Add melted butter and mix until well combined.
- Press firmly and evenly into the bottom of the pan.
- Stand sliced berries upright around edge of crust to create a border.
- Set aside.
- Strawberry Cheesecake Filling In a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring strawberries and 1/4 cup water to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and cook until strawberries can be mashed with a fork, about 5 minutes.
- Mash or blend berries into a puree.
- In a small bowl, stir together gelatin and 2 tablespoons water.
- Let sit 1 minutes.
- Add to strawberry puree and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Let mixture cool while continuing.
- In a large bowl, beat whipping cream with vanilla until it holds soft peaks.
- Set aside.
- In another large bowl beat cream cheese until smooth.
- Beat in sweetener until combined and then beat in berry puree.
- Carefully fold in whipped cream until combined.
- Spread mixture carefully over crust.
- Refrigerate at least 3 hours until set.
- Once set, carefully run a sharp knife around the sides of the pan to loosen (try not to disturb the berry border.
- Remove sides.
- Chocolate Ganache In a medium saucepan over low heat, melt butter and unsweetened chocolate together, stirring until smooth.
- Stir in powdered sweetener and vanilla extract.
- Let cool 5 to 10 minutes, until thickened but still pourable.
- Pour over top of cake, allowing it to drip down sides.
- For a fun garnish, dip a few fresh strawberries into the ganache and let set, then place on top of cake.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:51.