Keto Stuffed Peppers with cheese on top
- 3 green bell pepper (medium red, yellow)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2/3 cup onions (medium red, yellow)
- 2 cloves garlic (medium red, yellow)
- 15 ounces diced tomatoes
- 6 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried leaves oregano
- Prep 10 minutes Cook 50 minutes Ready in 1 hour
- Rinse the peppers and cut them in half lengthwise.
- Remove any seeds and membranes.
- Peel onion and garlic.
- Finely chop the onion and mince the garlic.
- In a non-stick skillet over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add the chopped onion and garlic and cook for about 8 minutes.
- Stir occasionally until golden-brown and softened.
- Heat the oven to 350°F.
- Add the ground beef and the seasonings.
- Using a spatula break the meat up as it cooks.
- Let the meat cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Sir in the tomatoes and let it simmer for another 15 minutes Remove the stuffing from the heat.
- Evenly divide the stuffing in each half pepper.
- Sprinkle each pepper with the shredded cheddar cheese.
- Bake until the cheese is melted and the peppers are a little bit softened.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:06.