Clear Steamed Cod with Ginger and Scallions - Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free
- 2 cod (skinless
- 2 inches fresh ginger root (skinless, boneless fillets of, or other flaky, white fish, about 5-6 oz each)
- 2 green onions (skinless, boneless fillets of, or other flaky, white fish, about 5-6 oz each)
- 4 tablespoons gluten-free tamari
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil (skinless, boneless fillets of, or other flaky, white fish, about 5-6 oz each)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pat fish dry with a paper towel.
- Salt gently.
- Fill a small pot 3/4 full of water and boil.
- -When water begins to boil, place fish in a bamboo steamer basket (I like this one), cover with lid and place basket atop the pot of water.
- It helps to spray or rub the steamer basket with oil where you'll place the fish to prevent the fish from sticking.
- -Turn heat off and allow fish to steam for 5 minutes.
- You'll know the fish is done when you can see it starting to flake at the edges.
- -In a small saucepan, heat the coconut oil over high heat until it begins to pop in the pan.
- -Pour the hot oil directly onto the ginger and scallions on top of the fish, a tiny bit at a time.
- You'll hear small pops as the extremely hot oil cooks the aromatics.
- -Pour soy sauce onto the plate so it creates a pool around the fish.
- Serve and enjoy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:03.