Creamy Keto Mash
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup basil (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup pesto (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cauliflower (large
- 1 white onion (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 cup ghee (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- ground black pepper (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- 1/2 cup cream cheese (freshly chopped, thyme and oregano)
- Wash the cauliflower and cut into smaller florets.
- Place on a steaming rack inside a pot filled with ~ 2 inches of water.
- Bring to a boil and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- You can also bake the cauliflower in the oven.
- To do so, preheat the oven to 225 °C/ 450 °F.
- Place the florets on a baking tray and transfer into the oven.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- This is a fool-proof method for those who get watery mash.
- However, if you steam (not boil) your cauliflower, you shouldn't get watery mash.
- Heat a pan greased with 2 tablespoons of the ghee and add chopped onion and garlic.
- Cook for about 5 minutes until slightly browned.
- Keep stirring to prevent burning and take off the heat.
- Place the cooked cauliflower into a blender and add the cooked onion and another 2 tablespoons of butter or ghee.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- I'm using my Kenwood mixer with a blender attachment.
- For an even creamier texture, add soured cream or cream cheese (or skip for dairy-free).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:46.