Keto Salted Caramel Turtle Candy
- 2 tablespoons water (30 ml)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (or Erythritol,
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30 ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (30 ml)
- 1 pinch sea salt (30 ml)
- 75 pecan halves (30 ml)
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil ,
- sea salt flakes (30 ml)
- Start by making the caramel. In a medium sized pot combine the water and Swerve. Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer. Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes until it turns golden and has reduced. Whisk in the butter, cream, vanilla, and salt. If its too thin keep simmering until it is slightly thick. Note: it will thicken as it cools as well. Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat until smooth, set aside. Note: If using a chocolate bar, make sure to break it down to pieces to speed up melting. To prevent the chocolate from burning, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down. The chocolate should not be hot when you use it for coating. Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper. Arrange the pecan halves into groups of three. Top with a dollop of caramel, a dollop of chocolate, and a sprinkle of salt. Chill until ready to serve. Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:41.