Keto Salted Caramel Turtle Candy
- 2 tablespoons water (30 ml)
- 1/2 cup Swerve Sweetener (or Erythritol
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter (30 ml)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (30 ml)
- 1 pinch sea salt (30 ml)
- 75 pecan halves (30 ml)
- 1 cup sugar free chocolate chips (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon virgin coconut oil
- sea salt flakes (30 ml)
- Start by making the caramel.
- In a medium sized pot combine the water and Swerve.
- Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- Continue to simmer for 5-7 minutes until it turns golden and has reduced.
- Whisk in the butter, cream, vanilla, and salt.
- If its too thin keep simmering until it is slightly thick.
- Note: it will thicken as it cools as well.
- Melt the chocolate and coconut oil over low heat until smooth, set aside.
- Note: If using a chocolate bar, make sure to break it down to pieces to speed up melting.
- To prevent the chocolate from burning, melt the dark chocolate and coconut oil in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat.
- Once completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down.
- The chocolate should not be hot when you use it for coating.
- Line a baking sheet with wax or parchment paper.
- Arrange the pecan halves into groups of three.
- Top with a dollop of caramel, a dollop of chocolate, and a sprinkle of salt.
- Chill until ready to serve.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:41.