Keto Chicken Pot Pie
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup veggies (mixed, could also substitute green beans or broccoli)
- 1/4 onions (small
- 1/4 teaspoon pink salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 garlic cloves (mixed, could also substitute green beans or broccoli)
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 pinch thyme
- 2 1/2 cups cooked chicken (mixed, could also substitute green beans or broccoli)
- 4 1/2 tablespoons butter (mixed, could also substitute green beans or broccoli)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 2 tablespoons full fat sour cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/3 cups shredded cheddar cheese (mixed, could also substitute green beans or broccoli)
- Cook 1 to 1½ lbs chicken in the slow cooker for 3 hours on high or 6 hours on low.Preheat oven to 400 degrees.Sautee onion, mixed veggies, garlic cloves, salt, and pepper in 2 tablespoons butter in an oven safe skillet for approx 5 min or until onions are translucent.Add heavy whipping cream, chicken broth, poultry seasoning, thyme, and rosemary.Sprinkle Xanthan Gum on top and simmer for 5 minutes so that the sauce thickens.
- Make sure to simmer covered as the liquid will evaporate otherwise.
- You need a lot of liquid for this recipe, otherwise, it will be dry.Add diced chicken.Make the breading by combining melted butter (I cool mine by popping the bowl in the fridge for 5 min), eggs, salt, and sour cream in a bowl then whisk together.Add coconut flour and baking powder to the mixture and stir until combined.Stir in cheese.Drop batter by dollops on top of the chicken pot pie.
- Do not spread it out, as the coconut flour will absorb too much of the liquid.Bake in a 400 degree oven 15-20 min.Set oven to broil and move chicken pot pie to top shelf.
- Broil for 1-2 minutes until bread topping is nicely browned.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:39.