Keto Quarter Pounder - Printer Friendly
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1 strip bacon
- 1 tablespoon pickled jalapenos (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1/2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon sriracha sauce
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 leaves lettuce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- Knead (press, fold and stretch) your meat for about 3 minutes.
- This is important because it makes the meat very sticky and keeps it together when adding all your ingredients to it.
- Knead the meat very well Dice and chop your ingredients very finely so they don’t prevent the meat from sticking to itself – I’m using bacon, onion, pickled jalapeño and tomato.
- Chop your ingredients! Add your diced ingredients, sauces (mayo and sriracha recommended), egg (optional) and spices to the meat and knead it again for a few minutes to ensure a uniform consistency of ingredients.
- Just a ball of awesome Split your ball of meat in half twice and flatten each of the 4 pieces to make very flat patties.
- Add a tablespoon of butter to the center of two of the pieces of meat and then slap on the non-buttered pieces! Seal up the sides so you end up with 2 nice patties ready for grilling.
- You can make your patties thicker for a more medium rare burger.
- Flatten the other half and slap it on top! Throw your patties on the pan (or grill!).
- If you want delicious, caramelized onions, throw your onions on when you flip your burgers after 5 minutes.
- Fry or grill each side for 4-5 minutes Flip your onions midway so they cook well on both sides.
- Your burger should be ready after 5 minutes on the second side.
- Throw your onions on when you flip your burgers Lay out a two big pieces of lettuce with a spread of mayo and place your juicy patties on them.
- Top each with your choice of toppings! I added caramelized onions, sriracha, a sliced of tomato, sliced jalapeños and more mayo! Cheese and ketchup are welcome for the more traditional burger.
- Take a bite and taste those flavors from beginning to end.
- You’ll probably need 2 bites to really taste the depth of the flavors!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:34:10.