Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 10 grams butter ,
- 5 grams chocolate (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 28 grams ground hazelnuts (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 0.5 grams baking powder ,
- 0.5 grams baking soda ,
- 1 gram pure vanilla extract (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 10 grams egg whites (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 1 pinch salt (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- sweetener (your choice)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees. Melt the butter and the chocolate together in a small bowl. I used the microwave in 10 second intervals. Mix the ground hazelnuts,baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and sweetener into the chocolate mixture. The dough will be very stiff, but make sure it is well combined. Add half of the whipped egg whites to the chocolate mixture and stir them in until well combined. Add the remaining egg whites into the dough and try to fold them in without deflating them. The dough will still be able to hold its shape. Divide the dough into about 5 cookies and drop them onto a parchment lined baking sheet. I was able to wet my hands and roll them into smooth, flattened balls. You can skip the rolling if you want to. Top with the hazelnuts if you are using them. Slightly flatten the cookies before baking. Bake for about 7 minutes, just until the tops crack. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:56.