Chocolate Hazelnut Cookies
- 10 grams butter
- 5 grams chocolate (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 28 grams ground hazelnuts (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 0.5 grams baking powder
- 0.5 grams baking soda
- 1 gram pure vanilla extract (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 10 grams egg whites (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- 1 pinch salt (Baker’s, unsweetened)
- sweetener (your choice)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Melt the butter and the chocolate together in a small bowl.
- I used the microwave in 10 second intervals.
- Mix the ground hazelnuts,baking powder, baking soda, vanilla extract and sweetener into the chocolate mixture.
- The dough will be very stiff, but make sure it is well combined.
- Add half of the whipped egg whites to the chocolate mixture and stir them in until well combined.
- Add the remaining egg whites into the dough and try to fold them in without deflating them.
- The dough will still be able to hold its shape.
- Divide the dough into about 5 cookies and drop them onto a parchment lined baking sheet.
- I was able to wet my hands and roll them into smooth, flattened balls.
- You can skip the rolling if you want to.
- Top with the hazelnuts if you are using them.
- Slightly flatten the cookies before baking.
- Bake for about 7 minutes, just until the tops crack.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:56.