Dairy Free Low Carb Coconut Ice Cream
- 3 cups coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 egg yolks
- 1/2 cup stevia (natvia)
- Heat coconut cream and vanilla extract in a saucepan over low heat for 5 minutes, until it is warm.In a stand mixer, whisk together the egg yolks and Natvia until the mixture turns pale.Pour half a cup of the warm coconut cream into the eggs to bring up their temperature.
- Mix well.Pour the rest of the coconut cream into the egg mixture and mix well.
- Pour back into the saucepan.Slowly heat the mixture over low to medium heat, stirring continuously to prevent the eggs from heating too quickly.
- The mixture will begin to thicken and is ready when the mixture coats the outside of the spoon.
- It will take around 15 minutes.Pour the thickened mix into a heatproof dish and continue to stir while it cools.
- After 5 minutes place the dish into the fridge to cool for 40 minutes.Set up your ice cream machine and pour the cooled mixture into the bowl and churn until it resembled soft serve ice cream.
- We use the affordable ice cream machine above for our small test batches of ice cream.
- It set this batch in 25 minutes.Spoon the ice cream into a freezer safe container and store in the freezer, or straight into your mouth and enjoy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:58:23.