Low Carb Custard
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 ounces cream cheese
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 15 drops liquid stevia (juice)
- 1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum (juice)
- Add the butter and cream cheese to low heat sauce pan.While it is melting down grate in some lemon zest, 15 drops of stevia and the juice of half of a lemon.
- Stir until it starts to come together.Slowly add in 1 yolk at a time as you continue to stir with a whisk.
- The end product should be a smooth, creamy texture.Cook it for a couple minutes additionally and then add the xanthan gum and combine.Remove from heat and pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Cover the bowl loosely with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for two hours to set.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:09:29.