5 Ingredient Keto Green Cookies
- 1 1/4 cups sunflower seed butter (Homemade Sunbutter or any, free sunbutter, 310 g/ 10.9 oz)
- 1/3 cup Swerve Sweetener (or Erythritol,
- 1 large eggs ,
- 1 teaspoon baking soda (Homemade Sunbutter or any, free sunbutter, 310 g/ 10.9 oz)
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon (Homemade Sunbutter or any, free sunbutter, 310 g/ 10.9 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 160 °C/ 320 °F. Make the Sunbutter by following this recipe. I use this mixer with a food processor attachment to make any nut, seed or coconut butter in just a few minutes. Add the powdered Erythritol, cinnamon, baking soda, egg ... How to soften nut or coconut butter: Place it in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water. Bring to a boil over a medium heat and let it melt. Mix until well combined. Using your hands, crate small cookie dough balls (one should be about 1 1/2 oz). Place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or a non-stick silicon baking mat. Using a fork, press down to flatten each cookie ball until about 1/2-inch thick. Place in the oven and bake for about 12 minutes or until lightly browned. Keep an eye on the cookies - seeds burn faster than regular flour cookies. When done, remove from the oven and let them cool down. At first, they will be fragile but will crisp up as they chill. Store in an airtight container for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:52.