Sticky Keto Sesame Chicken Wings
- 5 tablespoons sesame oil (Ellyndale® Organics, divided)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 garlic cloves (Ellyndale® Organics, divided)
- 1 inch fresh ginger root (Ellyndale® Organics, divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (Ellyndale® Organics, divided)
- 1 pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 pound chicken wings
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons tahini (Ellyndale® Organics, divided)
- 1/4 cup green onions (Ellyndale® Organics, divided)
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- Place 3 tablespoons of the sesame oil, coconut aminos, vinegar, garlic, ginger, salt and cayenne pepper in a large container with a lid, and whisk to combine.
- Add chicken wings and seal with the lid.
- Set on the counter for 3 hours, or in the fridge overnight.Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C) and set out your large cast iron pan, or line a baking sheet with parchment paper.Reserving the marinade, place the chicken wings meaty side up on the prepared sheet.
- Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of sesame oil and transfer to the preheated oven.
- Cook the chicken wings for 30 to 35 minutes, or until tops are golden.To prepare the tahini dip, 5 minutes before the wings are ready, transfer the reserved marinade to a small saucepan and add water, tahini, and the remaining 1 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Cook on medium-low heat, whisking continually for 5 minutes, or until it has simmered for a minimum of 3 minutes.Remove from the oven and transfer to a clean plate.
- Sprinkle the chicken wings with green onions and sesame seeds, and serve alongside the tahini sauce.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:27:38.