Low Carb Keto Chicken Tetrazzini with Zucchini Noodles [Recipe]
- 3 zucchini (medium)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 onions (diced)
- 2 cups mushrooms (medium)
- 1 clove garlic (medium)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (medium)
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese (medium)
- zucchini noodles
- Spiralize each zucchini into spaghetti noodle shapes using a spiralizer tool.
- Salt the zucchini noodles and layout over folded paper towels to remove excess moisture.
- Let the zucchini noodles sit for 30 minutes, then squeeze to remove additional water from the vegetable.Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat.
- Add onion, mushrooms, and garlic to the pan, stirring as needed.
- When onions become translucent, add the chopped chicken breast and increase temperature to medium-high.Once the chicken cooks to a white color, add heavy cream to the pan and thoroughly mix while bringing the sauce to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the sauce to simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes.Remove the sauce from heat and whisk in the xantham gum little by little to thicken.
- If you prefer a thinner, runnier sauce, leave this out or cut the amount in half.Arrange zucchini noodles in the bottom of a deep casserole dish.
- The zucchini should entirely cover the bottom of the bakeware about an inch thick.
- Add the creamy chicken mushroom sauce to the top of the zucchini noodles.
- Smooth the mixture evenly over the top to distribute throughout the casserole dish.Sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top and bake for 40 minutes.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:25:43.