Cauliflower Rice Recipe - Paleo, Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Pegan!
- 1 bag cauliflower florets (frozen, 1.5 pound bag, 750g or 3 cups cauliflower florets)
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper (frozen, 1.5 pound bag, 750g or 3 cups cauliflower florets)
- 1 pinch sea salt
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil (frozen, 1.5 pound bag, 750g or 3 cups cauliflower florets)
- Stovetop steaming: For stovetop: put a steamer basket in a pot and fill with a couple inches of water (you want the water below the steamer basket).
- Bring to a boil and add the cauliflower.
- Cover and steam for about 2 minutes or until soft.
- Microwave steaming: Put your cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Add 1 tbsp of water and cover with a microwave-safe plate.
- Cook on high for at least 2 minutes or until softened.
- (Remove from the microwave with oven mitts.
- The dishes will be very hot!) Ricing the cauliflower Fit your food processor with the "S" blade.
- Put in your cauliflower florets and pulse a couple of times until you get a rice-like texture.
- Return the cauliflower to the pot or bowl you steamed in.
- Stir in your spices and enjoy! Fried cauliflower rice: Optional: heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the cauliflower rice (and the spices if you haven't already).
- Stir to combine and then spread the rice out in a 1/4" layer over the pan's surface.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:41.