Cauliflower Rice Recipe - Paleo, Keto, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Vegan and Pegan!
- 1 bag cauliflower florets (frozen, 1.5 pound bag, 750g or 3 cups cauliflower florets)
- 1 tablespoon paprika ,
- 1 tablespoon turmeric ,
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder ,
- 1/8 teaspoon ground pepper (frozen, 1.5 pound bag, 750g or 3 cups cauliflower florets)
- 1 pinch sea salt ,
- 1/2 tablespoon avocado oil (frozen, 1.5 pound bag, 750g or 3 cups cauliflower florets)
- Stovetop steaming: For stovetop: put a steamer basket in a pot and fill with a couple inches of water (you want the water below the steamer basket). Bring to a boil and add the cauliflower. Cover and steam for about 2 minutes or until soft. Microwave steaming: Put your cauliflower florets in a large microwave-safe bowl. Add 1 tbsp of water and cover with a microwave-safe plate. Cook on high for at least 2 minutes or until softened. (Remove from the microwave with oven mitts. The dishes will be very hot!) Ricing the cauliflower Fit your food processor with the "S" blade. Put in your cauliflower florets and pulse a couple of times until you get a rice-like texture. Return the cauliflower to the pot or bowl you steamed in. Stir in your spices and enjoy! Fried cauliflower rice: Optional: heat the avocado oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the cauliflower rice (and the spices if you haven't already). Stir to combine and then spread the rice out in a 1/4" layer over the pan's surface. Sauté for about 2 minutes or until golden and slightly crispy. Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:41.