Low-Carb Vegetarian Mexican Cauli-Rice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (30 ml)
- 1/2 white onion (30 ml)
- 1 clove garlic (30 ml)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 pound cauliflower rice (30 ml)
- 1 can diced tomatoes (30 ml)
- sea salt
- H imalayan salt
- cilantro (minced)
- avocado (sliced)
- sour cream
- jalapeno chilies (30 ml)
- olives (extra virgin)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Sauté the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add in the spices and cook 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add in the riced cauliflower and cook 5-7 minutes until soft and starting to crisp around the edges.
- Pour in the tomatoes and stir to combine.
- Cook another 3-5 minutes until the mixture is dry and resembles fluffy rice.
- Season with salt to taste and serve, or let it cool down and refrigerate fir up to 4 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:51.