Keto Pork Chops al Pastor – Low Carb
- 4 pork chops (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons chipotles in adobo (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon dried leaves oregano
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup salted butter (about 6 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup fresh pineapple (about 6 ounces each)
- 2 tablespoons red onion (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 teaspoon fresh minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro (about 6 ounces each)
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon sweetener (about 6 ounces each)
- For the pork chops:
- Combine the chipotle peppers, cumin, cloves, oregano, salt, vinegar and oil in a small blender cup and blend until smooth.
- Coat the pork chops in the marinade.
- Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Remove the pork chops from the refrigerator 30 minutes before ready to grill.
- Prepare and preheat the grill to about 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Grill the pork chops over direct heat for about 3 minutes per side, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part reads 145 degrees.
- Remove to a clean platter and top each pork chop with 2 tablespoons of the butter mixture.
- Serve warm.
- For the butter:
- Combine all of the butter ingredients in a medium bowl and blend with a fork or spatula until fully mixed.
- Store leftover butter in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
- If frozen, thaw for 30 minutes before using.
- NOTES The recipe makes extra al pastor butter, store in the refrigerator or freezer as directed until ready to use.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:15:06.