Spinach and Mushroom Smothered Chicken
- 3 cups baby spinach (fresh)
- 1 3/4 cups fresh mushrooms (fresh)
- 3 green onions (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons pecans (fresh)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoning (fresh)
- 2 slices provolone cheese (fresh)
- In a large skillet, saute the spinach, mushrooms, onions and pecans in oil until mushrooms are tender.
- Set aside and keep warm.Sprinkle chicken with seasoning.
- Using long-handled tongs, moisten a paper towel with cooking oil and lightly coat the grill rack.Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in.
- from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170Â°.Top with cheese.
- Cover and grill 2-3 minutes longer or until cheese is melted.
- To serve, top each chicken breast with reserved spinach mixture.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:36.