Low Carb Keto Friendly Shepherd's Pie
- 1 head cauliflower (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper (chopped into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup cream (chopped into small pieces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 can sliced carrots
- 1/2 can green beans
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 onions (chopped)
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 package gravy mix (chopped into small pieces)
- 1 tablespoon worchestershire
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (chopped into small pieces)
- Cauliflower MashPlace cauliflower and chicken stock in a medium sized saucepan.
- Cover and bring to a simmer of medium-high heat and cook until completely tender (about 10-15 minutes).
- Most of the chicken stock cooks down while the cauliflower cooks.
- Add garlic powder, cream cheese, salt and pepper, to taste; stir in cream and puree with a blender until completely smooth (or use a food processor).
- Set aside once madePie FillingPreheat oven to 375 degrees.Heat butter in a large frying pan.
- Add onion and beef cook until well browned, then stir in almond flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste, water, seasoning and Worcestershire sauce.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add gravy mix and let cook for 5 min.Spread the ground beef in an even layer on the bottom of a greased 2-quart casserole dish.
- Next, spread a layer of carrots; then sprinkle cooked green beans over the carrots.
- Top with the Cauliflower Mash mixture and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:12:34.