Chocolate Keto Birthday Cake with Vanilla Buttercream
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- 2 large eggs
- 30 drops liquid stevia
- 2 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
- 1/2 pound butter (Kerry gold, 1 block, softened.)
- 3 scoops vanilla (Kerry gold, 1 block, softened.)
- chocolate chips (Kerry gold, 1 block, softened.)
- Pre-heat oven to 350F.
- In a large microwave, safe bowl microwave the chopped up chocolate for 30-40 seconds until soft.
- Whisk until smooth then mix in the coconut cream and whisk until completely smooth.
- If it thickens too much, microwave it for 10 seconds.
- Then continue to whisk until glassy and smooth.
- Once it has cooled, mix the eggs and stevia in until fully combined then set aside.
- Mix all of the dry ingredients in a separate bowl then fold them into the wet mix.
- Transfer the batter to a greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Let the cake cool before unpaning.
- Cut the loaf in the middle evenly, you’re going to stack them.
- Whip the butter and Vanilla MCT powder until smooth.
- Add 2 tablespoons to one square, smooth it out and then stack the two cake squares.
- Apply one thin coat of butter cream, this is the crumb coat- then set it in the freezer fo the butter to harden, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and finish applying the buttercream with a spatula.
- Garnish with chocolate chips! Done!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:26:13.