Keto Mississippi Roast
- 3 3/4 pounds chuck roast
- 16 ounces pepperoncini (jar deli-sliced, drained with brine reserved)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried chives
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons bouillon (jar deli-sliced, drained with brine reserved)
- 1/2 cup butter
- Place the chuck roast into your slow cooker.
- Turn the cooker onto high. Add the peperoncinis on top of the roast.
- Pour about a cup of the reserved brine into the slow cooker then discard the rest. Add the parsley, chives, garlic powder, onion powder, dried dill, salt, and black pepper to the slow cooker. Add the Better than Bouillon paste.
- I like to mix everything together a little at this stage, but it's not really necessary. Place the stick of butter on top of the roast.
- Cover the slow cooker with a lid and then allow to cook on high for 8-10 hours. Once the beef has cooked to the point of falling apart then you can shred the roast up with a fork.
- Serve directly out of the slow cooker, or remove from the juices and store for another use.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:08:45.