Pressure Cooker Indian Butter Chicken (Whole30, Paleo, Keto, AIP)
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt (Redmon Real)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 1 1/2 tablespoons turmeric
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ghee (Redmon Real)
- 1 sweet onion (Redmon Real)
- 2 inches fresh ginger (Redmon Real)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (Redmon Real)
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- Peel and slice your onion.
- Mince the garlic.
- Peel and slice the ginger.Open your pressure cooker and heat on saute mode.
- Add in the ghee.Add in the onion, garlic, ginger and bay leaves.Saute until tender and aromatic (5-6 minutes).Add in the chicken, all the spices and salt.
- Stir well.Add in the lemon juice, apple cider vinegar and cinnamon stick.Stir well.
- Cook, moving occasionally until the chicken is lightly browned.Add in the coconut milk, stir and bring to a simmer.Cancel the saute function.
- Stir in the gelatin.Close the lid and set to pressure cook: poultry mode.
- Mine takes about 20 minutes.When it’s done, release the pressure manually.Open the lid and cancel the pressure cooker mode, set to reduce or saute mode.Stir in the chopped almonds and simmer for 10 minutes.Serve with chopped cilantro on top.This goes great with cauliflower rice, mashed sweet potatoes and crispy plantains!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:33:35.