Low Carb Vegan Linzer Cookies
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour
- 3 ounces buttery spread (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- 1 ounce vegan cream cheese (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener)
- 1 teaspoon almonds (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cream together butter, cream cheese, Swerve and flavoring.
- Stir in coconut flour until completely incorporated.
- You'll have to knead it for the last little bit.
- Roll the dough out to be about 5mm thick.
- I know, I switched to metric there, but it really is the best descriptor - way better than, "a little more than 1/8th of an inch." Use your cookie cutter to cut out 10 bottom pieces and then 10 top pieces (with the little hole).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges just start to turn golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool for at least a half hour! This will give them a chance to set up.
- If you try to pick them up too early, they will crumble.
- Spread about a tsp of sugar free jam on a bottom piece, top with the little top pieces.
- Adorable! Admire how cute your cookies are, and then eat them.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:02.