Low Carb Vegan Linzer Cookies
- 6 tablespoons coconut flour ,
- 3 ounces buttery spread (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- 1 ounce vegan cream cheese (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- 2 tablespoons Swerve Sweetener (or other granulated sweetener),
- 1 teaspoon almonds (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- 1/4 cup raspberry jam (softened vegan, Like Earth Balance)
- Preheat oven to 350F. Cream together butter, cream cheese, Swerve and flavoring. Stir in coconut flour until completely incorporated. You'll have to knead it for the last little bit. Roll the dough out to be about 5mm thick. I know, I switched to metric there, but it really is the best descriptor - way better than, "a little more than 1/8th of an inch." Use your cookie cutter to cut out 10 bottom pieces and then 10 top pieces (with the little hole). Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the edges just start to turn golden. Remove from the oven and let cool for at least a half hour! This will give them a chance to set up. If you try to pick them up too early, they will crumble. Spread about a tsp of sugar free jam on a bottom piece, top with the little top pieces. Adorable! Admire how cute your cookies are, and then eat them.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:02.