Easy Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 2 chicken breasts (large, boneless, skinless)
- 4 slices swiss cheese
- 2 slices ham (large, boneless, skinless)
- Prepare sous vide water bath to 140 degrees Fahrenheit.Butterfly chicken breasts and place between two sheets of plastic wrap.
- Flatten the meat using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer.
- Remove plastic wrap and season the chicken with salt and pepper.Lay Swiss cheese in a single layer in the middle of each chicken breast.
- Place a layer of ham over the top.Roll up each chicken breast like a jelly roll, beginning at the most narrow edge.
- Wrap the roll tightly in layers of plastic wrap to create an airtight enclosure, securing the ends with tight twists and elastic bands.Place the chicken rolls in the sous vide bath and cook for 1.5 hours.
- Carefully remove from water and discard plastic wrap.
- Allow chicken to rest 5-10 minutes before slicing to serve.
- Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:24:43.