Sugar Free Coffee Creme Brulee (low carb, keto)
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 6 large egg yolks
- 1/4 cup Swerve Sweetener (Sukrin 1
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon brandy (Sukrin 1, granulated or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener* divided)
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia (Sukrin 1, granulated or Lakanto Monkfruit Sweetener* divided)
- sweetener (additional
- whipped cream
- Preparation: Preheat oven to 350 degrees and place rack to the middle position.
- Heat water in a tea kettle until hot, not boiling.
- Find a pan large enough to fit the 4 ramekins and deep enough to add water half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Method: Add the yolks and 1 tbsp of the granulated sweetener to a medium bowl.
- Beat well to completely break up the yolks.
- Pour the heavy cream into a small pot and add the remaining granulated sweetener, espresso, and stevia glycerite.
- Place the pot over medium heat and heat, stirring occasionally with a whisk, until bubbles begin to simmer around the edge of the pot.
- Turn off the heat and begin pouring the egg yolk into the hot cream mixture - very slowly in a thin stream, while quickly whisking all the while.
- Whisk in the brandy.
- Bake: Divide the coffee creme brulee mixture evenly between 4 ramekins.
- Place the ramekins into the pan and fill the pan with hot water half way up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place the pan into the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the very center of the creme brulee is barely jiggly - about the size of a nickle or a dime.
- *See recipe notes in post.
- Cool the sugar free coffee creme brulee in the water bath for an hour before removing to a rack to cool completely.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 4 hours but overnight is better.
- Melt the sweetener with a culinary torch until it caramelizes, turning brown.
- Alternately, add a dollop of whipped cream to the top and some cinnamon.
- Recipe Notes [NOTE] This is in the post, but not everyone reads the posts...
- *Use any sweetener you want Sukrin, Swerve, Lakanto, or your favorite.
- To torch the top, Lakanto worked best with Swerve at second.
- You don't have to torch the top.
- Simply adding a dollop of whipped cream was very nice, too.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:45:27.