Low Carb Custard Tart
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal
- 2 tablespoons stevia (natvia)
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 ounce unsalted butter (natvia)
- 1 egg yolks
- 1 1/2 cups light cream (natvia)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons stevia (natvia)
- 1 vanilla beans
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- BasePreheat fan forced oven to 175C/350F.Mix together the almond meal, flaxseed meal, natvia and nutmeg in a bowl.Add the melted butter and egg and mix well.Spoon the mixture in a 9.5in pie dish and press into an even layer across the base and up the sides.Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until the base is firm.
- If the base starts to rise from air bubbles, prick it with a fork and gently press down.
- Set aside to cool slightly.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:59:03.