Low Carb Crustless Spinach Quiche
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 2 slices bacon
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/2 onions (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.Rinse the spinach thoroughly.
- Allow to dry before chopping into fine bits.
- Slice the bacon into small squares too.
- Reserve for later use.Set a frying pan over a medium-high heat.
- Pan fry the bacon bits in hot olive oil for 2 minutes.
- Toss the chopped onion in and stir well.
- Once the onion turns transparent and tender, mix in the spinach.
- Whisk the mixture together for 2 more minutes before turning off the heat.Crack the eggs in a bowl and beat thoroughly.
- Whisk along with the sour cream.
- Adjust the taste with a decent amount of salt and pepper.
- Gently throw in the chopped or diced cheddar cheese.
- Stir with a spoon until combined.Incorporate the spinach mixture with the egg mixture.
- Place in a baking dish.
- Stir the mixtures thoroughly.
- Top with some extra cheese if desired.Bake the quiche batter in the oven for half an hour.
- Let the quiche dry and solidify.
- When the quiche is cooked and the cheese turns brown and melted, remove from the oven.
- Make 8 slices and enjoy warm!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:43.