Keto Lemon Custard Tarts with Almond Lavender Crust
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter (melted)
- 3/4 cup almond meal
- 1/2 tablespoon dried lavender flowers (melted)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla syrup (melted)
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (melted)
- 1/2 cup lemon juice (melted)
- 1/2 cup sugar (melted)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees fahrenheitTake two creme brulee dishes (4.5 inches in diameter x 1.25 inches thick) and grease them (I used ghee)In a mortar and pestle, grind lavender flowers into a fine dust.Mix lavender, almond flour, and 3 tbsp melted butterPress mix into the bottom of the dishes.Bake for 10 minutes or until the tops begin to brown, then remove from oven and set aside.In a blender or food processor, blend the egg yolks, lemon zest, lemon juice, sweetener, 1/2 cup melted butter until smooth.Transfer filling to a small saucepan and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly with a spatula until thick like pudding (about 15 minutes).Pour the filling over the almond-lavender crust in the two dishes.Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.Enjoy!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:32:23.