Keto Chocolate Caramel Slice
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 5 tablespoons shredded coconut (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 30 grams butter (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 50 grams almond butter (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 5 drops liquid stevia
- 50 grams butter (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 70 grams cream (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons almond butter (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 1 pinch salt
- 100 grams dark chocolate (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- caramels (For a dairy-free
- cashew nuts
- nut butter
- almond butter (125 g/ 4.4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons mesquite powder
- To make base layer, add all ingredients to a food processor and pulse until combined.
- The mixture should appear crumbly, but should hold when pressed together between two fingers.
- Press firmly into a loaf pan or small slice pan (15 x 23 cm/ 6 x 9 inches).
- Place in the freezer while you make the caramel layer.
- To make the caramel, melt the butter in a small saucepan over medium to low heat, stirring constantly, until its started to brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir until combined, then reduce heat until just simmering, and cook 5-10 minutes or until it starts to thicken.
- Note that it will continue to thicken as it cools.
- Pour over the base layer, and spread evenly.
- Return to the freezer while you make the chocolate layer.
- Melt the chocolate in a small saucepan or in the microwave, and then pour onto the solidified caramel layer.
- Spread evenly.
- Place back in the freezer for at least an hour to set.
- Once set, cut into squares or bars, and store in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To get 18 small squares: make 2 cuts lengthwise and 5 cuts widthwise.
- Alternatively to make 12 large bars: make 2 cuts lengthwise and 3 cuts widthwise.
- Keeps up to 10 days in the fridge, or two months in the freezer.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:10:46.