Zero Carb Keto McNuggets
- 1 pound ground chicken (NOT all white meat unless you want them dry!)
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1/2 tablespoon ground pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 cup whey protein powder (NOT all white meat unless you want them dry!)
- 2 quarts oil (NOT all white meat unless you want them dry!)
- Fill a dutch oven (or a thick, deep pan) with oil and heat on medium high until it reaches 350 degrees (or if you are using an actual Fryer set to 350 and warm up).
- While oil is heating; mix chicken, egg & seasonings together in a bowl.
- Scoop about 2 tablespoon of the chicken mixture with your hand and dip into the whey protein powder.
- Roll around and coat completely.
- Flatten them down a bit for that iconic nugget shape and place it in the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown.
- Serve with Sugar-Free BBQ Sauce, Sugar-Free Ketchup or Mustard!
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:43:22.