Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey (80% lean)
- 3 bell pepper (80% lean)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (80% lean)
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Turn on the oven to 350 ° F before you start with the preparation.
- 2 Mine the garlic.
- Cut the tops off the green peppers, remove the seeds and leave aside.
- 3 Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic.
- Allow it to turn light brown and then add the chopped onion.
- 4 Stir for a few minutes, until the onions start to turn slightly golden brown in color.
- 5 Add the ground meat and stir until the meat changes color.
- 6 Youll have to break down the ground meat into fine pieces using a wooden spoon as the meat will turn lumpy at first.
- 7 Now add the hot sauce, paprika, nutmeg, salt and Italian seasoning, and give everything a good mix.
- 8 Turn off the heat and leave the meat filling aside.
- 9 Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Stuff the green peppers with the meat filling until almost full.
- 10 After 30 minutes, sprinkle cheese over the meat and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- 11 Serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:52.