Turkey Stuffed Bell Peppers
- 1 pound ground turkey (80% lean)
- 3 bell pepper (80% lean)
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce ,
- 1 clove garlic ,
- 2 tablespoons paprika ,
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning ,
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg (80% lean)
- 1 pinch salt ,
- 3 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese ,
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Turn on the oven to 350 ° F before you start with the preparation. 2 Mine the garlic. Cut the tops off the green peppers, remove the seeds and leave aside. 3 Heat the olive oil in a pan and add the garlic. Allow it to turn light brown and then add the chopped onion. 4 Stir for a few minutes, until the onions start to turn slightly golden brown in color. 5 Add the ground meat and stir until the meat changes color. 6 Youll have to break down the ground meat into fine pieces using a wooden spoon as the meat will turn lumpy at first. 7 Now add the hot sauce, paprika, nutmeg, salt and Italian seasoning, and give everything a good mix. 8 Turn off the heat and leave the meat filling aside. 9 Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Stuff the green peppers with the meat filling until almost full. 10 After 30 minutes, sprinkle cheese over the meat and put it back in the oven for another 5 minutes or until the cheese has melted. 11 Serve immediately.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:40:52.