Pork Rind Chicken Schnitzel
- 300 grams chicken breasts
- 2 ounces pork rind (ground)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon oregano (ground)
- 2 slices mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup marinara sauce
- Leave the oven to preheat at 375°F.Place the oregano powder, salt, and pepper in a mortar.
- Crush the garlic in and mix the spices.
- Season the chicken with this mixed condiments, enough to marinate the chicken breast.
- Crack and beat the eggs in the bowl for the batter.Spread the pork rind crumbs on a flat plate.Dip the seasoned chicken in the beaten egg to coat and remove any excess liquid by shaking.
- Roll the breast on the crumbs to cover the whole piece.
- Repeat the same for the other chicken breasts.Arrange the chicken on a baking sheet.
- Leave to bake for 20 minutes or until the meat is cooked entirely.
- Optionally, pan sear the chicken breast if you don’t prefer it baked.Take out from the oven when ready.
- Evenly spread the marinara sauce on top and sprinkle generous amount of cheese as well.
- Rebake for another 10 minutes.
- Remove once the cheese melts and turns golden.Enjoy in a platter with some salad on the side.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:57:36.