Keto Ginger Biscuits
- 1 cup flour (pecan)
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/3 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/3 cup erythritol (pecan)
- 1 small eggs
- In a small bowl, soften the butter and add the erythritol and mix well.
- Beat in the egg.
- In a larger bowl mix the dry ingredients together well.
- Slowly add in the butter mixture and knead until it forms a manageable dough.
- It won't be stretchy but you should be able to make a solid ball.
- If it's too wet, add more pecan flour.
- Roll into small balls and place on a baking tray on baking paper.
- Flatten gently with a glass or the palm of your hand
- Bake at 180C (preheat the oven) for 10 minutes.
- They harden as they cool, so don't overcook them, they may feel undercooked but don't be tempted to cook them until the tops turn golden brown - the bottoms will burn.
- Makes 21 biscuits.
- Carbs per cookie (this will differ according to your ingredients): 1.5g
- Note about my recipes: I do encourage people to count their carbs and their macros but I do lazy keto.
- When I started keto I was counting everything and tracking everything and I learned how to listen to my body about when I have had enough to eat and I learned what 20g of carbs looks like over the course of a day.
- However, I am doing keto for life, and I don't find tracking to be sustainable for me because it causes a certain level of obsession and for this to work for me… it needs to be sustainable.
- I will sometimes include full macros, but please don't expect it with every recipe
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:47:48.