Keto Cauliflower Shepherd’s Pie
- 1 pound ground beef (or lamb)
- 1 head cauliflower (or lamb)
- 1 onions (diced)
- 2 celery ribs (or lamb)
- 8 ounces mushrooms (or lamb)
- 2 garlic cloves (or lamb)
- 1/2 cup beef stock
- fresh parsley (or lamb)
- 1/4 cup ghee
- 4 tablespoons cooking fat
- sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 F.
- Add cauliflower to a pot, fill with water and cover.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook until florets are fork tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Drain well, add ghee, and season to taste; mash until smooth using a potato masher.
- Melt cooking fat in a skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, garlic, and cook 2 to 4 minutes; stirring often.
- Add the ground beef and cook until browned, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue cooking until mushrooms are soft.
- Pour in the beef stock and season to taste, cook 4 to 5 minutes longer.
- Place the beef mixture in a casserole dish and top with the mashed cauliflower.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes, or until the mashed cauliflower is nicely browned.
- Serve topped with fresh parsley.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:39:25.