Cream Cheese Gluten Free & Keto Pie Crust
- 96 grams almond flour
- 35 grams coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest (optional)
- 100 grams butter (optional)
- 55 grams cream cheese
- 1 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- See recipe video for guidance! Add almond flour, coconut flour, xanthan gum, salt and zest (optional) to food processor and pulse until evenly combined.
- Add butter and cream cheese and pulse for just a few seconds until crumbly.
- Add in egg and vinegar and pulse until the dough just begins to come together (but stop before it forms into a ball).
- Like with any pastry dough, make sure not to over-process the dough.
- The mixture ought to resemble coarse breadcrumbs rather than cookie dough.
- Turn out the dough onto cling film and form into a round.
- Refrigerate for at least one hour, or up to 3 days.
- Roll out dough between parchment paper and pop it back into the fridge for 10-15 minutes prior to baking (as it will help to keep its shape better).
- Bake at 350°F/180°C for 10-12 minutes if making something small such as crackers.
- And up to 30 minutes for empanadas and such.
- If need be, cover with aluminum foil to avoid excessive browning.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:14:33.