White Chocolate Keto Truffles
- 1 cup Swerve Sweetener (confectioners)
- 6 tablespoons organic butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (confectioners)
- 4 ounces cocoa butter (confectioners)
- 2/3 cup Swerve Sweetener (confectioners)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (confectioners)
- Instructions To make the filling: Before you begin, make sure you have everything ready to go – the cream and the butter next to the pan, ready to put in.
- Work fast or the sweetener will burn.
- Heat butter on high heat in a heavy-bottomed 2-quart (2 L) or 3-quart (3 L) saucepan.
- As soon as it comes to a boil, watch for specks of brown (this is brown butter).
- Immediately add the Swerve and the cream to the pan.
- Whisk until caramel sauce is smooth.
- Let cool in the pan for a couple minutes, and then pour into candy molds.
- Set in fridge or freezer until completely set.
- Meanwhile make the chocolate coating.
- Place cocoa butter in a double boiler and heat on medium high until fully melted (or microwave safe bowl and heat on high for one minute, check and heat for 30 seconds until melted).
- Melting cocoa butter takes longer than traditional fats.
- Stir in natural sweetener.
- Stir in extracts and salt.
- Remove the filling from the fridge or freezer.
- Remove from molds and coat with white chocolate.
- Cool in refrigerator until white chocolate is solid, about an hour.
- (99% fat, 0.5% protein, 0.5% carbs)
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:36:13.