Keto Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 cup almond butter (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon ,
- 1/4 teaspoon salt ,
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 ounce butter oil (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- In a bowl, mix the almond butter, walnuts (or pecans), powdered Erythritol, cinnamon (or vanilla powder), salt and chopped dark chocolate. Gradually add the coconut flour and mix until well combined. Place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour. After an hour, remove from the fridge. Use your hands to form 16 truffles and place them on a tray. Transfer into the freezer for 1 hour. Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat. Once completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down. The chocolate should not be hot when you use it for coating. Remove the cookie dough truffles from the freezer. To cover them in chocolate, use a wooden stick or a fork. Pick up one truffle at a time and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate. Spoon the chocolate over the truffle until well-coated. Keep turning until the chocolate is solidified. If you have any leftover chocolate, drizzle it over the truffles. Place each of the coated truffles on a tray lined with greaseproof paper and place in the fridge for at least 15 minutes before serving. Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:02:51.