Keto Cookie Dough Truffles
- 1 cup almond butter (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ounces dark chocolate (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 2 1/2 ounces dark chocolate (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- 1 ounce butter oil (toasted, 250 g/ 8.8 oz)
- In a bowl, mix the almond butter, walnuts (or pecans), powdered Erythritol, cinnamon (or vanilla powder), salt and chopped dark chocolate.
- Gradually add the coconut flour and mix until well combined.
- Place the dough in the fridge for 1 hour.
- After an hour, remove from the fridge.
- Use your hands to form 16 truffles and place them on a tray.
- Transfer into the freezer for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, melt the dark chocolate and cacao butter in a double boiler or a glass bowl on top of a small saucepan filled with a cup of water over a medium heat.
- Once completely melted, remove from the heat and set aside to cool down.
- The chocolate should not be hot when you use it for coating.
- Remove the cookie dough truffles from the freezer.
- To cover them in chocolate, use a wooden stick or a fork.
- Pick up one truffle at a time and hold over the bowl of melted chocolate.
- Spoon the chocolate over the truffle until well-coated.
- Keep turning until the chocolate is solidified.
- If you have any leftover chocolate, drizzle it over the truffles.
- Store in the fridge for up to a week or freeze for up to 3 months.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:02:51.