Low-Carb Zucchini Apple Pie
- 1 pie crust (recipe Sweet Keto, make one large or 8 small pie crusts)
- 6 zucchini (green or yellow
- 2/3 cup caramel sauce (recipe Sweet Keto, make one large or 8 small pie crusts)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (recipe Sweet Keto, make one large or 8 small pie crusts)
- 1 cup almond flour (recipe Sweet Keto, make one large or 8 small pie crusts)
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (recipe Sweet Keto, make one large or 8 small pie crusts)
- 2 tablespoons butter (recipe Sweet Keto, make one large or 8 small pie crusts)
- K eto Ice Cream (Optional: top with No-churn Vanilla
- Follow this recipe to make the pie crust.
- Once baked, place on a cooling rack and set aside.
- Here is how to make the caramel sauce.
- Peel, halve and quarter the zucchini lenghwise and cut the middle part off.
- Alternatively, halve the zucchini lengthwise and use a melon baller to scoop the soft core out.
- Slice the zucchini into medium pieces.
- Place the slices in a pot with boiling water until barely tender, for about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and drain well.
- Using paper towels, pat try to remove excess moisture from the zucchini slices and place in a mixing bowl.
- Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the almond flour and Erythritol.
- Then add butter cut in pieces and use your hands to combine and create crumbly dough.
- Set aside.
- Into the bowl with the cooked zucchini slices, add cream of tartar, cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice and the caramel sauce.
- Mix until well combined.
- Place the zucchini mixture on top of the pie crust and spread evenly over the top.
- Crumble the almond dough over the top and place in the oven for about 30 minutes at 150 °C/ 300 °F.
- When done, remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack to chill.
- The filling will need to reach room temperature before you cutting it or it will be too soft.
- Optionally, serve with a scoop of No-churn Vanilla Keto Ice-Cream and enjoy! 🙂
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:10.