Dark Cherry Chia Jam
- 2 1/2 cups sweet cherries (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 lemon (only peel will be used),
- 1/4 cup erythritol (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 15 drops stevia extract (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1 cup water (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- Wash and pit the cherries and place them in a small sauce pan with a cup of water. Slowly heat up and simmer for 8-10 minutes. Peel half of a lemon and place the peel into the sauce pan for about a minute or two. Note: Pell the lemon with a knife rather than using a zester, it will be easier to remove the peel using just a tablespoon. Don't leave the peel in the sauce pan for too long or the jam will get bitter. Open and scrape the vanilla bean and add the seeds into the mixture. Sweeten with Erythritol and stevia. Take off the heat, add chia seeds and mix well. If you are using the jam straight away, leave to rest for 15-20 minutes until it becomes jellied and firm. Mix before using. Otherwise, transfer into a glass jar, let it cool down, seal and keep refrigerated. Use within 5-7 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:23.