Dark Cherry Chia Jam
- 2 1/2 cups sweet cherries (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 3 tablespoons chia seeds (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1/2 lemon (only peel will be used)
- 1/4 cup erythritol (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 15 drops stevia extract (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- 1 cup water (dark, 250 g / 8.8 oz)
- Wash and pit the cherries and place them in a small sauce pan with a cup of water.
- Slowly heat up and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
- Peel half of a lemon and place the peel into the sauce pan for about a minute or two.
- Note: Pell the lemon with a knife rather than using a zester, it will be easier to remove the peel using just a tablespoon.
- Don't leave the peel in the sauce pan for too long or the jam will get bitter.
- Open and scrape the vanilla bean and add the seeds into the mixture.
- Sweeten with Erythritol and stevia.
- Take off the heat, add chia seeds and mix well.
- If you are using the jam straight away, leave to rest for 15-20 minutes until it becomes jellied and firm.
- Mix before using.
- Otherwise, transfer into a glass jar, let it cool down, seal and keep refrigerated.
- Use within 5-7 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:30:23.