Vegan Keto Flax Crackers
- 1 1/2 cups flax seeds (around ~250g of, ground)
- 1 cup warm water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- seasoning (desired)
- Preheat your oven to 350F, and prep your pan with a silicon baking mat.
- In a mixing bowl, thoroughly combine ground flax seeds, salt and whatever seasoning you'd like.
- Stir in water, and let sit for about 5 minutes.
- This should allow enough time for the water to be absorbed, and the flax to thicken into a dough.
- Spread the dough out on your prepared pan evenly at a thickness of about 1/8 of an inch.
- It's important that the dough is even so that it cooks all the way through.
- Score into however many little pieces you want, being careful not to damage the mat or parchment.
- Bake for about 50 minutes, though check at 45 to see how things are going.
- You may need an additional 5 or so minutes, depending on the thickness, how many lines you scored, and how evenly your oven bakes, among other things.
- Remove from the oven, let cool and break into pieces.
- Make sure the pieces have cooled completely before storing them, or else too much humidity will get into the container.
- These should keep for a week on the counter (realistically more, but I like being cautious).
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:16:18.