Steak & Egg Breakfast (low carb, keto)
- 8 ounces cube steaks
- 4 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter (divided)
- 2 ounces cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces asparagus (divided)
- Preparation: Trim the asparagus and place into a microwaveable dish.
- Add 1 tablespoon water and cover with plastic wrap.
- Cube Steak: Season both sides of the cube steaks with salt and pepper.
- Heat a medium cast iron skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add 1 tablespoon of butter and swirl to coat the bottom.
- Add the seasoned cube steaks and cook 3 - 4 1/2 minutes per side (or longer) depending on your preferred level of doneness.
- I like my cube steak more done! (While steaks are cooking start on the eggs!) Remove the cooked cube steaks to a place and tent gently with foil.
- Cheesy Scrambled Eggs: While the steaks are cooking, place a medium non-stick pan over medium heat.
- crack 4 eggs into a medium bowl and add 2 ounces of grated cheese.
- Mix together with a fork.
- When the pan is hot, add 1 tablespoon of butter and swirl to coat the pan.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan and leave it alone for a few moments while it cooks on the bottom.
- gently scrape the cooked egg to the center of the pan with a rubber spatula.
- Break up the center with the spatula and turn off the heat.
- Every 30 seconds or so, gently push the cooked egg to the center of the pan and gently break-up and fold the mixture.
- There should be just enough residual heat to make nice custardy eggs.
- Asparagus: While the eggs are cooking, place the asparagus into the microwave and cook on high power for about 2 minutes.
- Let it sit in the microwave until the eggs are ready.
- Serve: Place one cube steak on each plate, add half of the asparagus and season it with salt and pepper.
- Place half of the cheesy eggs on top and season with salt and pepper.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:37:46.