Quick Keto McMuffins
- 1/4 cup almond flour (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1/4 cup flax seed meal (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large eggs (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup cheddar cheese (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1 pinch salt (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 large eggs (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1 tablespoon ghee (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 1 tablespoon butter (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 slices cheddar cheese (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 2 teaspoons ketchup
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 cups greens (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- 4 slices bacon (25 g / 0.9 oz)
- Place all the dry ingredients in a small bowl and combine well.
- Add the egg, cream, water and mix well using a fork.
- Grate the cheese and add it to the mixture.
- Microwave on high for 60-90 seconds.
- Preheat the oven to 175 °C/ 350 °F and cook for about 12-15 minutes or until cooked in the centre.
- Meanwhile, fry the eggs on ghee.
- I used these molds to create perfect shapes for the muffin.
- Cook the eggs until the egg white is opaque and the yolks still runny.
- Season with salt and pepper and take off the heat.
- Cut the muffins in half and spread some butter on the inside of each of the halves.
- Top each with slices of cheese, egg and mustard.
- Optionally, serve with greens (lettuce, spinach, watercress, chard, etc.) and bacon.
- Enjoy immediately! The muffins (without the filling) can be stored in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:50:55.