Quick and Easy Microwave Strawberry Shortcake (Keto, Gluten-Free)
- 2 tablespoons butter oil (for dairy-free)
- 1 tablespoon sweetener
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1/4 cup frozen strawberries (for dairy-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (for dairy-free)
- 1/2 teaspoon sweetener (for dairy-free)
- To make mug cake: Add butter to a mug and microwave until melted, about 30 seconds.
- Add sweetener, egg and coconut flour to the melted butter and mix to combine fully.
- Microwave mug cake for two minutes and let sit for several minutes until cool.
- To make strawberry filling: Add fresh/frozen strawberries to a microwave-safe container and microwave until slightly softened.
- Add lemon juice and vanilla extract, and mash until desired consistency.
- To make whipped cream: Add heavy whipping cream and sweetener to a small bowl and beat with a mixer until it becomes a whipped cream consistency.
- To assemble: Cut mug cake into two or three slices.
- Place first layer of mug cake on a plate and top with a layer of strawberry filling, followed by a scoop of whipped cream.
- Repeat until all slices of mug cake are used up.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 18:35:59.