Pumpkin Spiced Waffles
- 2 large eggs (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin coconut oil (free-range or organic)
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 cup pumpkin purée (free-range or organic)
- 1 scoop whey protein powder (free-range or organic)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut flour (free-range or organic)
- 1 teaspoon spice mix (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda ,
- 2 tablespoons erythritol (free-range or organic)
- 6 drops stevia extract (free-range or organic)
- 1/4 cup crème fraîche (free-range or organic)
- Crack the eggs into a bowl and whisk them with melted coconut oil, Erythritol and Stevia. Note: To melt the coconut oil, microwave for about 10 seconds. Make sure the oil is not hot when you add it to the bowl with eggs! Add the pumpkin purée and process until smooth. Pour in the cream (or coconut milk) and mix well. Add protein powder, coconut flour, baking soda and the gingerbread spice mix. Note: Instead of ready-made (sugar-free) spice mix, you can use a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice and cloves. Preheat the waffle maker, typically, in the closed position. Do not pour the batter in until it's heated according to the manufacturer's instructions. Close the waffle maker and cook for a minute or two. Time depends on the waffle maker. When done, place on a serving plate and enjoy! 🙂 Optional: Top the waffles with crème fraîche, sour cream, full-fat plain yogurt or coconut cream! You can find how to make amazing dairy-free whipped coconut cream on Vanessa's website, the founder of HealthyLivingHowTo.
Originally posted 2019-02-20 17:51:09.